Oh man, putting things together!
So for the last couple weeks Helena and I've been SolidWorksing and designing things. We've had to move the seat part of the frame apart a little (turns out: it would be hard for humans to fit in a ten inch space...) but we managed to fix it before we cut 80/20, and our frame design is pretty final:
ooh shiny CAD!
So now, before we cut / waterjet these connectors, we have to prototype them in wood (to make sure they work and hold the metal together). pics pics pics:
|wood prototypes, with tiny wooden lasercutter poops|
And here are the wooden connectors with our cut 80/20. soooo let's see if things go together!
and they did! I personally am really excited to have a physical object and not just drawings in a notebook. Next up: more frame, connected with metal.